CubicWeb 3.8.0 went out last week, but now we have tested it, produced
a 3.8.1, it's show time!
One of the most important change is http server update to move from deadend
twisted.web2 to twisted.web. With this change comes the possibility to configure
the maximum size of POST request in the configuration file (was hard-coded to
Other changes include:
- CubicWeb should now be installable through pip or easy_install.
This is still experimental, and we don't use it that much so please,
give us some feedback! Some cubes are now also "pipable" (comment, blog...),
but more will come with new releases.
- .execute() function lost its cache key argument. This is great news since
it was a pain to explain and most cubicweb users didn't know how to handle
it well (and I'm thre greatest beneficer since I won't have to explain over
and over again)
- nicer schema and workflow views
- refactored web session handling, which should now be cleaner, clearer, hence
- nicer skeleton generation for new cubes, cleaner __pkginfo__ (you don't have
to define both __depends__ / __depends_cubes__ or __recommends__ /
__recommends_cubes__ in the general case, and other cleanups)