The timeline can be zoomed by dragging the vertical slider at right: up for zooming in (less time shown) and down for zooming out (more time shown). The mousewheel also works as a zoom controller. Any white area on the "stage" of the timeline can be dragged left and right, as can the blue "ruler" which marks out different units of time. Clicking on an event brings up a small modal window with a description and links if any are provided in the data.
In addition to being loaded from a JSON file (or JSON-formatted PHP, etc), Timeglider timelines can load directly from data you provide in an HTML table.
- timeago: a jQuery plugin (http://timeago.yarp.com/)
- jquery data-link (https://github.com/jquery/jquery-datalink)
- Morris.js (http://oesmith.github.com/morris.js/)
- jquery templates (https://github.com/jquery/jquery-tmpl)
- Timeline JS - Beautifully crafted timelines that are easy, and intuitive to use. (http://timeline.verite.co/)