HAL is a simple way of linking with JSON or XML.
It provides a set of conventions for expressing hyperlinks to, and embeddedness of, related resources - the rest of a HAL document is just plain old JSON or XML.
HAL is a bit like HTML for machines, in that it is designed to drive many different types of application. The difference is that HTML is intended for presenting a graphical hypertext interface to a ‘human actor’, whereas HAL is intended for presenting a machine hypertext interface to ‘automated actors’.
- cubicweb #893243 Strange header levels rest-generated HTML
- cubicweb #2276605 Implement CMIS
- Using JSONAPI as a Web API format for CubicWeb
- cubicweb-tracker #474963 Rest not displayed correclty on document view
- cubicweb #531998 textareas with ReST format: let's have a link towards the rest quickref