cubicweb #1089207 do not encode Unicode strings from RQL statements to db encoding [resolved]
The choice of encoding or not Unicode strings to UTF-8 should be left to the DB backend.
The current implementation will always encode unicode values to the db encoding (and if no encoding is provided in the source, UTF-8 is used by default). This works with postgresql + psycopg2 but not with SQL Server in which Unicode is handled natively, so we have to decode the utf-8 in logilab.database.sqlserver to pass unicode objects to the backend.
Additionnally, it might be worth checking if the recent versions of pg still require encoded strings.
|closed by||<not specified>|
- cubicweb #1056023 be able to specify the schema in which DB tables are created and used
- cubicweb #1084212 [sqlserver] ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN not supported
- cubicweb #1382472 support entity renaming with ms sql backend
- cubicweb #1910869 cubicweb-ctl db-dump --format=portable fails with mssql
- cubicweb #1256568 cubicweb-ctl reset-admin-pwd does not work with sqlserver