cubicweb #141239 thoughts about form handling [deprecated]
Cubicweb comes with automatic forms for entities, that do a lot of nice things for us.
for reference, it is documented there : http://www.cubicweb.org/doc/en/B1030-form-management.en.html.
However, when it comes to write custom forms (things like wizards for instance), things are a bit heavy. One typically write low-level html-emitting form code and also a controller/publish method to decode stuff coming from the browser.
It would be nice to be able to peruse some middle-level form library above raw html that would alleviate the current boilerplate-ish way of doing forms.
See : http://groups.inf.ed.ac.uk/links/formlets/ (esp. http://groups.inf.ed.ac.uk/links/papers/formlets-tr2008.pdf) for some ideas. I'm sure we can do better, in python :)
|done in||<not specified>|
|closed by||<not specified>|
- cubicweb #1338277 [uicfg] pb. with autoform_field wrt field class
- cubicweb #663361 RQLConstraint / vocabulary interaction w/ inlined forms
- cubicweb #1232264 [widget] datetime picker , time display
- cubicweb #636930 Put default values / helper inside input fields in automatic forms
- cubicweb #522897 try to improve user input in forms using masks