cubicweb #2055436 have a mecanism allowing view param transport in ui loops [deprecated]
Some views cooperate with others, e.g: facets or navigation will repeatedly re-call list, table or whatever ... These "inner" views may have various input values that are currently lost across calls.
For instance, there used to be a dedicated "vidargs" parameter to carry on table view configuration across facet form initiated calls; unfortunately the navigation component knows nothing about "vidargs", hence losing table config information when it initiates a table call itself.
The current workaround to preserve "configuration" (static/unchanging across call) values is to have e.g. a subclass of the table view with the specific parameters for each combination of configuration, but this can become burdensome, and also is incomplete (changing values definitely get lost).
Hence, there should be a generic way to pass call arguments across calls (post/ajax) that work orthogonally/along with whatever "outer" control view is involved.
There might be restrictions on the value types (e.g only things that have a proper json de/serialization) of course.
|done in||<not specified>|
|closed by||<not specified>|
|patch||[view] Official API to transmit argument to a view in an url (closes #2105837) [rejected]|
- cubicweb #635587 ajax requests wait forever if instance was restarted
- cubicweb #1210574 filter form actions don't work until we've not played with some facet
- cubicweb #750090 build_ajax_replace_url should rely on the json controler
- cubicweb #2004109 [table] replace unclear "actions menu" with immediately addressable buttons
- cubicweb #343738 no tabs shown w/ konqueror