TheCubicWebBook #342778 Rewrite View chapter [resolved]
This chapter needs to be re-organized in order to prove that writing a view is easy. Start with a description of the interface might not be a good choice.
I believe it would be better to start with an example of a primary view, explain the different methods render_* and how to properly customize it.
Dixit email exchange:
> + def render_entity(self, entity):
Not better than overwrite cell_call.
In general it is better to overwrite one or mode of the following methods :
In the case the use of the class attributes is not enough to answer our needs:
|closed by||<not specified>|
- TheCubicWebBook #652859 explain how you can modify the default breadcrumbs
- TheCubicWebBook #656191 CW development: i18n handling
- TheCubicWebBook #698545 devel: how to apply a graphical chart to a CW site
- TheCubicWebBook #569036 form section
- TheCubicWebBook #650347 [howto] modify attributes order in a view