CubicWeb - The Semantic Web is a construction game!
CubicWeb is a semantic web application framework, licensed under the LGPL, that empowers developers to efficiently build web applications by reusing components (called cubes) and following the well known object-oriented design principles.
Its main features are:
- an engine driven by the explicit data model of the application ,
- a query language named RQL similar to W3C’s SPARQL ,
- a selection+view mechanism for semi-automatic XHTML/XML/JSON/text generation ,
- a library of reusable components (data model and views) that fulfill common needs ,
- the power and flexibility of the Python programming language ,
- the reliability of SQL databases, LDAP directories, Subversion and Mercurial for storage backends .
Built since 2000 from an R&D effort still continued, supporting 100,000s of daily visits at some production sites, CubicWeb is a proven end to end solution for semantic web application development that promotes quality, reusability and efficiency.
The impatient will move right away to Installation and set-up of a CubicWeb environment.
Commercial support for CubicWeb can be found from various companies working with CubicWeb : CubicWeb Service Providers