What's new in CubicWeb 3.16?
- Add a new dataimport store (SQLGenObjectStore). This store enables a fast import of data (entity creation, link creation) in CubicWeb, by directly flushing information in SQL. This may only be used with PostgreSQL, as it requires the 'COPY FROM' command.
Orm: set_attributes and set_relations are unified (and deprecated) in favor of cw_set that works in all cases.
db-api/configuration: all the external repository connection information is now in an URL (see #2521848), allowing to drop specific options of pyro nameserver host, group, etc and fix broken ZMQ source. Configuration related changes:
- Dropped 'pyro-ns-host', 'pyro-instance-id', 'pyro-ns-group' from the client side configuration, in favor of 'repository-uri'. NO MIGRATION IS DONE, supposing there is no web-only configuration in the wild.
- Stop discovering the connection method through repo_method class attribute of the configuration, varying according to the configuration class. This is a first step on the way to a simpler configuration handling.
DB-API related changes:
- Stop indicating the connection method using ConnectionProperties.
- Drop _cnxtype attribute from Connection and cnxtype from Session. The former is replaced by a is_repo_in_memory property and the later is totaly useless.
- Turn repo_connect into _repo_connect to mark it as a private function.
- Deprecate in_memory_cnx which becomes useless, use _repo_connect instead if necessary.
the "tcp://" uri scheme used for ZMQ communications (in a way reminiscent of Pyro) is now named "zmqpickle-tcp://", so as to make room for future zmq-based lightweight communications (without python objects pickling).
Request.base_url gets a secure=True optional parameter that yields an https url if possible, allowing hook-generated content to send secure urls (e.g. when sending mail notifications)
Dataimport ucsvreader gets a new boolean ignore_errors parameter.
- Drop of cubicweb.web.uicfg.AutoformSectionRelationTags.bw_tag_map, deprecated since 3.6.
- The RQL search bar has now some auto-completion support. It means relation types or entity types can be suggested while typing. It is an awesome improvement over the current behaviour !
- The action box associated with table views (from tableview.py) has been transformed into a nice-looking series of small tabs; it means that the possible actions are immediately visible and need not be discovered by clicking on an almost invisible icon on the upper right.
- The uicfg module has moved to web/views/ and ui configuration objects are now selectable. This will reduce the amount of subclassing and whole methods replacement usually needed to customize the ui behaviour in many cases.
- Remove changelog view, as neither cubicweb nor known cubes/applications were properly feeding related files.
- 'pyrorql' sources will be automatically updated to use an URL to locate the source rather than configuration option. 'zmqrql' sources were broken before this change, so no upgrade is needed...
- Debugging filters for Hooks and Operations have been added.
- Some cubicweb-ctl commands used to show the output of msgcat and msgfmt; they don't anymore.