What's new in CubicWeb 3.18
The migration script does not handle sqlite nor mysql instances.
- add a security debugging tool (see #2920304)
- introduce an add permission on attributes, to be interpreted at entity creation time only and allow the implementation of complex update rules that don't block entity creation (before that the update attribute permission was interpreted at entity creation and update time) (see #2965518)
- the primary view display controller (uicfg) now has a set_fields_order method similar to the one available for forms
- new method ResultSet.one(col=0) to retrieve a single entity and enforce the result has only one row (see #3352314)
- new method RequestSessionBase.find to look for entities (see #3361290)
- the embedded jQuery copy has been updated to version 1.10.2, and jQuery UI to version 1.10.3.
- initial support for wsgi for the debug mode, available through the new wsgi cubicweb-ctl command, which can use either python's builtin wsgi server or the werkzeug module if present.
- a rql-table directive is now available in ReST fields
- cubicweb-ctl upgrade can now generate the static data resource directory directly, without a manual call to gen-static-datadir.
- not really an API change, but the entity write permission checks are now systematically deferred to an operation, instead of a) trying in a hook and b) if it failed, retrying later in an operation
- The default value storage for attributes is no longer String, but Bytes. This opens the road to storing arbitrary python objects, e.g. numpy arrays, and fixes a bug where default values whose truth value was False were not properly migrated.
- symmetric relations are no more handled by an rql rewrite but are now handled with hooks (from the activeintegrity category); this may have some consequences for applications that do low-level database manipulations or at times disable (some) hooks.
- unique together constraints (multi-columns unicity constraints) get a name attribute that maps the CubicWeb contraint entities to the corresponding backend index.
- BreadCrumbEntityVComponent's open_breadcrumbs method now includes the first breadcrumbs separator
- entities can be compared for equality and hashed
- the on_fire_transition predicate accepts a sequence of possible transition names
- the GROUP_CONCAT rql aggregate function no longer repeats duplicate values, on the sqlite and postgresql backends
- pyrorql sources have been deprecated. Multisource will be fully dropped in the next version. If you are still using pyrorql, switch to datafeed NOW!
- the old multi-source system
- find_one_entity and find_entities in favor of find (see #3361290)
- the TmpFileViewMixin and TmpPngView classes (see #3400448)
Deprecated Code Drops
- ldapuser have been dropped; use ldapfeed now (see #2936496)
- action GotRhythm was removed, make sure you do not import it in your cubes (even to unregister it) (see #3093362)
- all 3.8 backward compat is gone
- the twisted (web-only) instance type has been removed
For a complete list of tickets, read CubicWeb 3.18.0.