We held a one day sprint last week in our Paris office, trying to improve CubicWeb's documentation.
There is a huge work to do on this, much more than we can do on a one day sprint, even with many people. But you have to begin with something :)
So, after a quick meeting to define priorities:
- Stéphanie, Charles and later Sandrine (from her US home-office), began to add some documentation and screenshots to cubes. They started with the following cubes: addressbook, person, basket, tag, folder, forgotpwd, forge, tracker, vcsfile, keyword, blog and comment.
- Julien explored sphinx abilities to build the index and extract docstrings. He applied this to improve the documentation of selectors.
- Adrien (ach) and Celso, our friend from Mexico, tackled the task to improve the tutorial from a beginner's point of view.
- Arthur added some pieces of documentation found in our intranet, mailing-list...
- Pyves worked on a cubicweb-ctl command to generate schema images (png) for cubes, to include them in the cube's documentation.
- Adrien (adim) and I helped the various teams.
Huum, I think I did not forgot anyone...
If there is still a lot to do (we need more doc sprints, stay tuned), this is really a nice start! This site should soon be updated to include more valuable cubes description and online documentation extracted from the contributed doc.
- CubicWeb documentation sprint in feb. 2010
- TheCubicWebBook #541389 installation from debian package
- cubicweb #1279547 Include generated doc instead of source files in cubicweb-documentation package
- cubicweb #2897177 Inter-instance communication doc is wrong
- CubicWeb sprint in Paris - 2012/12/13-14